- 4-5 Honeybush tea bags or 2 tablespoons of loose-leaf Honeybush tea.
- 4 cups of boiling water.
- Cinnamon stick
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey (optional).
- Fresh oranges slices (for garnish).
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish).
- Ice cubes.
Brew the Honeybush Tea:
- Place the Honeybush tea bags or loose-leaf tea in a heatproof pitcher.
- Pour 4 cups of boiling water over the tea.
- Add cinnamon stick
- Let it steep for about 5-7 minutes. You can adjust the steeping time to your desired strength.
Sweeten the Tea (Optional):
- While the tea is still warm, add 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Adjust the amount to your preferred level of sweetness.
- Stir well to dissolve the honey.
Cool the Tea:
- Allow the tea to cool to room temperature. You can speed up the process by placing it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Chill the Tea:
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and let the Honeybush Iced Tea chill for at least 2-3 hours. This allows the flavours to meld.
- When you’re ready to serve, fill glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour the chilled Honeybush Iced Tea into the glasses.
- Garnish with slices if fresh orange slices and fresh mint leaves for an extra burst of flavour and aroma.
- Sip and enjoy your homemade Honeybush Iced Tea on a warm day. It’s a delightful and refreshing beverage with natural sweetness and a hint of citrus.
Feel free to customise this recipe by adding sliced fruit like lemons or berries for an extra twist.